Thursday, October 2, 2008

Berba Wants More Goals


After breaking his Manchester United duck with a brace against Aalborg midweek, Dimitar Berbatov has set his sights on more goals for the Red Devils - starting this weekend.

The Bulgarian captain admitted to being eager to get off the mark for United, and expressed his relief at finally scoring after making the switch from Tottenham Hotspur last month. 

The £30.75million signing hit a double on Tuesday night to ease the pressure on him, and he is relishing the prospect of finding the net again this weekend against Blackburn Rovers. 

He told the club's official website: "It was very important for me [to score]. I’m glad to have done so. I scored the goals with the help of my team-mates and I think we played well tonight. Our next game is on Saturday and I hope to score again then."

Acknowledging that his personal goal-tally will take second place to team honours, Berbatov continued: "My job is to score, or to create goals for other players, but the most important thing is the win for the team. The pressure is always there and hopefully I will deal with it with help from my team-mates."

The 27 year-old scored his first goal for United after dismal defending from Aalborg; he capitalised on a fatal error and lashed home a volley almost apologetically. He had contrived to miss an earlier chance in the game, and was revealed to have made amends. 

He said: "I was disappointed to miss my first chance because sometimes you only get one chance in the game, but I kept trying and got the two goals. I was angry with myself for missing the first chance – I just didn’t hit it right. I was embarrassed: I feel that if I’m getting paid all this money I should be converting these chances!"

0 comments:

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Rojo

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to The Free Dictionary

Subscribe in NewsAlloy

Add to fwicki

Add to Attensa

Add English Football Fans to ODEO

Add to Pageflakes

  © Blogger template Fishing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP